ANB invest Role
ANB invest regards customer's information security on systems and Internet as foremost priority. The Company is committed to protecting your private information and continuing to adapt all effective security measures. ANB invest complies with international information security best practices to provide state of art security controls. There is an ongoing internal security review process that is backed by external security review to provide assurance to customer on available security level. ANB invest monitors the Internet for illegal or unauthorized use of the Company’s name and trademarks. The process includes detecting incidents of fraudulent web sites that look similar to ours; such sites could threaten the privacy and security of our customers.
Today’s New and Biggest Threat
The company would like to inform you about a growing security threat(s) that needs your attention most.
A criminal activity using attempts to fraudulently acquire sensitive information, such as usernames, passwords, account details, by masquerading as a trustworthy friend or company entity such as a company in an electronic communication or fake site. Phishing is typically carried out using email or an instant message, and often directs users to give details at a fake website, although phone contact has been used as well.
This is an attack against the identity of a person like you, our customer. Oftentimes referred to as ‘identity theft’, the attacker wants to get hold of your personal information, using various techniques e.g. fake web sites, fake e-mails etc. What can you do to help us prevent Phishers from taking advantage of you?
- Watch out for Phishing email scams. Ensure that you are connecting to correct URL for ANB invest i.e. ANBinvest.com.sa
- Avoid using “public” computers or network connections, especially when reviewing your financial information, In case you do use a “public” computer or network, when you finish delete personal files, cookies and the Internet cache after use.
- Protect your laptop and other portable electronic devices from being stolen; enable hard disk encryption and require a password for access.
- Never give out personal or financial information to anyone in response to a request to update, validate or confirm your account information, unless you have initiated the contact and you know whom you are dealing with.
- Do not click on the link in chatting rooms or messages or call a phone number provided in suspicious emails even to update your information.
- Do not reply to emails that look suspicious or are asking for personal information such as your social security number, account number or password.
- Please note that ANB invest will never send you an email asking you to respond with your personal information.
- If you have recently responded to an unsolicited email in which you provided any personal information regarding your ANB invest account and you now suspect it may not have been ANB invest, contact us immediately so that we may take steps to protect your account.
- Customer should report any security incident to ANB invest by email at email@example.com or by calling 920011878. This will enable the company can take appropriate actions to protect you.
The act of obtaining or attempting to obtain otherwise secured information by ‘conning’ an individual into revealing the secure information. Social engineering is successful because its victims innately want to trust other people and are naturally helpful. The victims of social engineering are tricked into releasing information that they do not realize will be used to attack a computer network. For example, an employee in an enterprise may be tricked into revealing his User ID and Password to someone who is pretending to be someone from IT support team. The social engineer can use that information in conjunction with other information that has been gathered to get closer to finding a way into the enterprise’s network.
Phishing is a type of security attack that relies on social engineering in that it lures the victim into revealing information based on the human tendency to believe in the security of a brand name because they associate the brand name with trustworthiness.
Virus and Spyware
This is the most common threat facing us today. Virus, spy ware, Trojans and worms can do varying degrees of damage depending on their type. Customer should have up-to-date Antivirus and Anti spyware software installed and enabled on their PC all the time.
Identity theft is a crime in which someone wrongfully obtains access to your personal information and uses it in a way that involves fraud or deception, usually for economic gain. Unfortunately, most identify theft victims don’t realize they’ve been targeted until the damage has been done; resulting in unknown charges or withdrawals to company accounts, or calls from collection agencies among other consequences.
Identity theft is the deliberate assumption of another person's identity, usually to gain access to their finances or frame them for a crime.
Keep your password confidential and change it frequently. We would advise you, for your own security, not to use common information such as your birthday, telephone number or a recognizable part of your name as your password.
Customer Role (things you should do)
Customers also have to play their role to ensure on-line security. ANB invest recommends that you adhere to the following security guidelines:
- Keep your Operating System updated with the latest security updates and patches.
- Use Antivirus software with ongoing update all the time.
- Use Anti Spy software with ongoing update all the time.
- Use Firewall software with proper configuration.
- Review your Internet security settings in the browser.
- Do not disclose your personal information and PIN to anyone.
- Keep your PINs, passwords and cards separate as well as confidential.
- Do not store banking details on mobile to avoid misuse should phone be lost or stolen.
- PIN/ TPIN shall be kept secret should not be shared even with anb invest staff.
- Customer should report any security incident to anb invest by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 920011878. So the company can take appropriate actions to protect you.
- Watch out for Phishing email scams. Ensure that you are connecting to right URL foranb invest i.e. www.anbinvest.com.sa
- Avoid using “public” computers or network connections, especially when reviewing financial information, In case of such use delete personal files, cookies and internet cache after use.
- Protect your laptop and other portable electronic devices from stealing; enable hard disk encryption and password for access.
How to report suspected security incidents?
If you suspect that there has been an un-authorized breach of your account(s), or that an online transaction has taken place that you did not initiate, you should notify anb invest immediately by emailing the details to
email@example.com or by calling 920011878.